Ayurveda is a comprehensive system of medicine, more than 5,000 years old and based on a holistic approach rooted in Vedic culture. Patients are classified by body types, or Prakruti, which are determined by proportions of the three doshas. Illness and disease are considered to be a matter of imbalance in the doshas. Treatment is aimed at restoring harmony or balance to the mind body system.
Diseases that can be treated with Ayurveda are:
- Bone & joint disorders i.e Rheumatic arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Psoriatic arthritis, Gouty arthritis etc.
- Digestive disorders i.e Indigestion, Constipation, IBS, Crohn’s disease, Ulcerative colitis, Peptic ulcer etc.
- Life style disorders i.e Obesity, Hyperlipidemia, etc...
- Piles, Fissure & Fistula
- Respiratory disorders i.e Asthma, Sinusitis, Rhinitis, Tonsillitis, Pharyngitis, Migraine etc.
- Skin disorders like Psoriasis, Eczema, Lichen planus, Urticaria, Acne, Vitiligo etc.